If you’re building a smartphone app it’s sometimes easy to hold off on creating an app marketing plan until the app is done.
With over 1 million apps in the Google Play marketplace and 900,000 apps in the iTunes Store, you’re going to have plenty of competition for your customers attention.
That means getting started early could be the difference between you getting in front of your customer and them finding a competing app first.
In today’s episode of The Mobile Mixed podcast I’m going to walk you through an info-graphic that a Mobile Mixed subscriber and listener sent to me. It’s a simple infographic that shares the 7 Do’s and Don’ts of App Marketing and highlights some tips that I couldn’t agree with more.
At the end of the episode I also share a story of a successful marketing tactic I used to help promote a series of apps for shopping centers that I worked with a few years back.
In this episode we specifically talk about:
- The importance of creating an app marketing plan
- When to start creating your app marketing plan
- 7 Do’s and Don’ts to follow
- 7 stages of your mobile app marketing plan
- Your app pricing strategy
Links mentioned in today’s episode:
- Alfred Winston’s business – Dot Com Infoway
- MM 047: How To Create Customer and Mobile Personas That Lead To Winning Tactics
- MM 068: Lessons From An Indie App Developer
- MM 025: How To Generate Loyal Mobile App Users With Craig Palli of Fiksu
- Mobile Marketing Tribe – A monthly membership mastermind and coaching group for Mobile Marketing
- Mobile Marketing Audit
The info-graphic we discussed in the episode:
Take your mobile skills to the next level. Join The Tribe.
The Mobile Marketing Tribe is a group mastermind and coaching program that meets multiple times each month diving into mobile strategies and tactics to become better mobile marketers and see success in our own businesses or our clients businesses. Join a group of like minded individuals to hold you accountable, learn from and learn from myself and some of the top mobile marketers as I bring special guests in to help you learn. You can apply to The Tribe today by clicking here to learn more.
Are you lovin’ Mobile Mixed?
Thank you all for checking out this episode fo the Mobile Mixed podcast, and finally if you haven’t done so already I would if you would take a minute to leave quick rating and review of the podcast in iTunes by clicking the link below! It would be extremely helpful for the show.