We all make mistakes. It happens.
Mistakes are ok, as long as you learn from them and you only make them once.
Well, that’s at least that’s what I’ve been told so I’m going with it. Today I wanted to share 17 of the most common mistakes I see made when it comes to mobile marketing. Whether you’re building your own mobile business or you’re executing your own mobile programs, these are mistakes you’ll want to avoid.
I’ve made a few of them over the years and I see businesses both big and small make them as well. Believe me…you’re not alone. BUT we want to make sure you don’t make them again or we help you avoid these in your own business so you can save time, money and a whole lot headache.
In this episode we specifically talk about:
- Mistakes made by not having a mobile marketing strategy
- Mistakes with SMS text message marketing
- QR code execution and planning mistakes
- Mobile marketing mindset mistakes
- Why you need to think about SMS, Email, Social and Push notifications differently
- Salesmanship mistakes
- Smartphone app mistakes
- Mistakes around having too big of an ego ( yeah, I said it)
- Mult-channel marketing mistakes
- Various ways SMS Text message marketing could deliver tremendous value to attendees
Basically folks, we cover a bunch of mistakes. I want to do my darndest to make sure you don’t makes these moving forward. Because at the end of the day:
If your business isn’t mobile…Google will slap the heck out of you – Click To Tweet
Links mentioned in today’s episode:
- 70% of Coca-Cola’s mobile budget is spent on SMS
- MM 063: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Start With A Smartphone App
- MM 052: What Is Mobile Marketing?
Leave a comment and share mistakes you’ve seen!
I’d love it if you shared some of the mistakes you’ve seen or even that you may have made that you learned from. Just share your story/mistake in the comment section below.
Questions or Feedback? Leave Me A Voicemail!
If you have a question you’d potentially like answered on the show, or just feedback in general (constructive criticism and high fives are absolutely welcome!) feel free to visit my voicemail page to quickly and easily leave me a message. I may feature you and your question on the show!
Are you lovin’ Mobile Mixed?
Thank you all for checking out this episode fo the Mobile Mixed podcast, and finally if you haven’t done so already I would if you would take a minute to leave quick rating and review of the podcast in iTunes by clicking the link below! It would be extremely helpful for the show.